Surgical errors are serious and potentially life-threatening forms of medical malpractice that can leave patients permanently injured.
The attorneys at Polewski & Associates have been successfully helping medical malpractice
victims for more than 20 years. We will devote all of our skills, experience, and resources to ensuring that you have the highest quality representation possible.
Different Incidents of Surgical Errors
There are numerous errors that can be made during surgery, including:
- Anesthesia overdoses
- Administering the incorrect blood type
- Prescription errors or medication mistakes
- Failure to review medical instructions resulting in surgery on the incorrect body part
- Misreading a medical chart or incorrectly assessing a patient’s medical history
- Improper medical clearance for surgery
- Scalpel slips that nick neighboring organs or pierce other body parts
- Failure to treat a post-operative infection
Aside from these occurrences, unnecessary procedures like a Cesarean section or hysterectomy can also constitute a surgical error. Mistakes that happen during cosmetic procedures can leave patients physically disfigured and emotionally scarred.
The most common types of surgeries and procedures where mistakes happen include:
- Gastric bypass surgery
- Plastic and cosmetic surgery
- Laparoscopic intestinal surgery
- Thoracic surgery
- Cardiothoracic surgery
If you have been the victim of a surgical error and you live in the Dallas, Texas area, please contact Polewski & Associates today to schedule your consultation a qualified surgical error attorney.