There are a lot of medicines out there, and they are very effective when used properly. However, these medicines can be deadly when they are given in the wrong amount, or to the wrong patient. Unfortunately, both in hospitals and in drug stores around the country, people are given the wrong medications, often with tragic results.
Sometimes these medication errors happen because of the inattention or pure sloppiness of hospital staff or physicians. Other times, it happens because a doctor doesn't write a prescription clearly or a pharmacist reads the prescription incorrectly.
When a pharmacy error causes you to receive an incorrect dosage of a medication or the wrong medication altogether, you may be entitled to receive compensation for your damages through a medical malpractice lawsuit. The Dallas pharmacy error lawyers at Polewski & Associates will stand by your side every step of the way to ensure that the negligent pharmacist is held accountable for his actions.
Common Pharmacy Errors
Just a few examples of drugs which get confused are:
- Erzone (nefazodone) for depression and Seroquel (quetiapine) for schizophrenia
- Lamictal (lamotrigine) for epilepsy, Lamisil (terbinafine) for nail infections
- Ludiomil (maprotiline) for depression, and Lomotil (diphenoxylate) for diarrhea
- Taxotere (docetaxel) and Taxol (pa axel), both for chemotherapy
- Zantac (ranitidine) for heartburn, Zyrtec (cetirizine) for allergies, and Zyprexa (olanzapine) for mental conditions
- Celebrex (celecoxib) for arthritis and Celexa (citalopram) for depression
Experienced Dallas Pharmacy Error Lawyers
At Polewski & Associates, our Dallas pharmacy error lawyers have experience helping families who have been hurt by pharmacy errors and by medications being given in the wrong amount to the wrong patient. When you work with us, you will benefit from the expertise of a board certified personal injury trial lawyer and an attorney who is also a licensed medical doctor. Very few Dallas law firms have attorneys with these unique specializations, and this will give you the edge you need to be successful in these complex cases.
Please contact Polewski & Associates today to schedule your free initial consultation. Our pharmacy error attorneys serve clients in Dallas and throughout North Texas.