Business Partner Betrayal - Dallas Business Law
Business Attorney Serving Dallas and North Texas
What to Do When Your Partners Betray You
When Your Business is Everything You Have
The vast majority of people who are in business in Texas are in very small businesses – businesses with two to five owners. These businesses are usually the only source of income for the partners. They have put everything they have into the business, and being forced out would be a personal and economic disaster.
At Polewski & Associates, our Dallas business lawyers understand these issues from personal experience. We've been there.
You Need an Experienced Business Lawyer
This kind of business partner betrayal happens a lot, particularly when there are other tensions between the business owners. And it is a serious problem. For most small business owners, the income they get from the business is the only income they have. Many people have quit their former jobs and invested all that they have in the small business, so if their partners suddenly try to push them out, they are left with nothing.
Classic Signs of Business Partner Betrayal
There are classic signs that your business partners are trying to freeze you out:
- Are they having meetings among themselves that you aren’t invited to?
- Are they making important decisions about the operation of the company without consulting you?
- Are they concealing the income and profits of the business from you and preventing you from seeing the books of the business?
- Are they buying things for themselves and family members using money from the business?
- Are they complaining that you "don't do enough" or that you are "paid too much?"
- Are they decreasing your involvement in the operation of the business?
- Are they hiring their own relatives to handle financial issues or to do things that you used to do?
These are all very bad signs, and are typically followed by an open demand that you leave the business.
Call Us Before You Do Anything Else
If you see these storm clouds building in your business future, you should contact a Dallas business lawyer familiar with this kind of business dispute immediately. The best thing you have going for you is that your partners probably do not realize that you already know their intentions. By working with a lawyer who has extensive experience handling disputes between business partners, you can ensure that your best interests are being looked out for and increase the chances that you make it through this situation in good shape.
If you're wrong and you get legal advice about your rights, no harm is done. But if you're right, and your partners are planning to force you out of the business, you need a plan of your own, and right now. At Polewski & Associates, our Dallas area business attorneys have helped many people just like you get through business partner betrayals. Let us fight for you too.
Please contact the Dallas, Texas business law attorneys at Polewski & Associates today to schedule your initial consultation.